Digital Kickstart for Students
Our manual “Digital Kickstart for Students”, created at the suggestion of our multipliers, Gregor Schulz and Jean-Pascal Sopha as well as Felicitas John (eBüroGW team), offers students an introduction to the digital world of the UHH in the form of a PDF. Feel free to pass the manual on to your students as a digital handout.
- “Digital kickstart for students” (PDF; extended and revised 6th version of 27.10.2022) can be accessed by clicking on the title and then also downloaded.
- An English translation of the above-mentioned file is now also available as “Digital Kickstart for Students”, which is aimed at international students. (PDF; 2nd version from 27.10.2022)
The Kickstart is also available as an interactive html script that you can embed in any OpenOlat course. You can find instructions on how to do this in this video tutorial on the Lecture2Go platform.
In every newly opened AGORA room from the "Standard Template" template, the “Kickstart” is already included as a material entry in German and English. Help for creating rooms from templates can be found accordingly in the AGORA help portal.
In the “meeting point” we created on OpenOlat you will find instructions on how to insert the “Kickstart” in the interactive html script version into your OpenOlat course.
Further information for students
- (26.11.2021) Digital Propaedeutic - Digital Competences The aim of the Digital Propaedeutic is to teach basic principles and competences for working in the digital realm. Detailed information can be found on PECE, a teaching and publication platform set up by the University of Hamburg’s Institute for Empirical Cultural Studies.
- (18.03.2021) Cinematic campus tour of Von Melle Park: A campus tour or rally is an integral part of most orientation units at the beginning of the winter semester. This year, Corona pandemic requirements prohibit these tours. A cinematic excursion offers an alternative. You can find the video of the tour on the UHH website.
- (18.02.2021) Take-Home-Exams (THE): An information sheet including an explanatory video to pass on to your students can be found on the uni Hamburg e-learning portal.
- (11.02.2021) The e-learning portal of the UHH offers students an overview of further offers and a special “study digitally” page; all videos from this offer can also be found on Lecture2Go.
- (30.10.2020) The Hamburg Centre for University Teaching and Learning (HUL) has compiled a handout for students (PDF-Datei) for students in which they will find many suggestions for a successful digital semester. The PDF file can be downloaded.
- (30.10.2020) The University College has created a new animated video that covers studying at UHH. The video is available at podcampus.de.
- (30.10.2020) Writing Centre: For structured writing at home, accompanied by the Writing Centre and with other writers in the online writing space, the Weekly Write-ins are open for you every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am to 12 pm on Zoom. You can find more information on the University College page in the "Schreibzentrum" section.
- (30.10.2020) In the podcast “Mein Studium und Ich”, you can hear topics that are and remain important in everyday student life - even after the first Zoom meetings have been broadcast on the screens. Here, three students share their experiences with each other and with guests. New every week and always open for questions on the “Medialab-Seite des Universitätskollegs”.
- More information for first-year students at UHH is available in the UHH Newsroom.