Digital Tools for your Teaching
Digital tools are aids and portals for the implementation and configuration of digital teaching. Here you can find information on the following areas:
- AGORA: By means of AGORA, web-based support for teaching is possible, which is why this platform is a well-integrated environment for cooperative and research-based learning.
- OpenOlat: While AGORA with its intuitive user interface is more suitable for flat hierarchical collaborative use, OpenOlat can be used to implement more advanced forms of teaching-learning scenarios.
- Video conferencing systems (Zoom, MS Teams & Co.): To enable synchronous digital teaching, UHH faculty have four conferencing systems at your disposal: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and two services offered by the German Research Network (DFN), Adobe Connect and Pexip.
- Other tools: on this page we present various eLearning tools, applications and suggestions that you can use to complement your teaching.
Take-Home-Exam-Tip: Before you decide which platform you want to use for your teaching, it is best to consider in advance in which way and to what extent you want to test at the end of the course. Background: It is advisable to use the platform on which you will eventually conduct the THE to accompany the course.
Quick links: the most important logins for digital tools and platforms at UHH
- AGORA: The eLearning platform for the humanities at the UHH.
- CommSys: The central login for the CommSys of all faculties at the UHH.
- Lecture2Go: The video platform of the UHH with recorded lectures, conferences and workshops.
- MS Teams (in german):Microsoft Teams is a collaboration platform at UHH that combines chat, telephone and video conferencing as well as other functions such as file storage and survey tools.
- OpenOlat: The learning management system of the UHH
- Particify (in german) (früher: ARSnova): Lecture hall voting system (audience response system) with a wide range of functions at UHH.
- STiNE: The study information network of the UHH.
- UHH-Pad (in german) (Hedgedoc): Collaborative real-time editor of the UHH.
- Zoom: The most widely used web video conferencing system at UHH.